Unani Hamdard Joshanda Herb 33 Gram
Hamdard Joshanda Herb
Hamdard Joshanda Herb is an Unani herbal medication which is in the form of Joshanda (Decoction) ,also called Matbookh or Tabeekh, which means cooked. Many roots and barks, stems and flowers etc are boiled for prescribed time before their active principles are extracted. The proportion usually is 1 teaspoon of the dried herb to 1 cup of water. Always use stainless steel, glass, or porcelain vessels to make decoctions. Let cool, and add honey or other flavoring agents if desired. Generally drug and water ratio should be 1:6 or 1:8. It should be boiled as indicated as water remains half or one third.
Joshanda used traditionally as a home remedy for common cold, cough & catarrh also helpful in sore throat. Joshanda is a Persian word derived from Joshanidan (boiling) and Andah . So the literal meaning of Joshanda is one which is “prepared by boiling”. This formulation is prepared like a herbal decoction.
Joshanda works by suppressing the formation of enzymes that are activated in the swelling process, activates the cell-mediated immunity, stimulates the immune function, increases the blood circulation.
Indications of Hamdard Joshanda Herbs
- Joshanda is specifically used in the management of respiratory diseases like common cold, cough, and asthma.
- It is useful in cough, congestion in the chest, nose block and breathlessness caused by these conditions.
- It is used to boost immunological conditions.
Ingredients of Hamdard Joshanda Herbs
- Gaozaban/Onosma: For bacterial infection, Convulsions, wound healing, pain
- Tulsi/Tukhm khatmi: For skin disorder, breathlessness.
- Rube Mulethi/Liquorice: For muscular pain, increased body temperature, microbial infection.
- Sapistan/Lasora: For bacterial infection, Respiratory infection, microbial infection.
- Sate Podina: For common cold, digestion problem, diarrhoea, headache.
- Tukhm Khubbazi/Malva: In constipation, excess urination, mucus cleaner.
- Unnab/Jujube fruit/beri: For Weight loss, depression, anxiety, strengthens Immune System, for Bones and Muscles.
- Viola odorata/ Banafsha flowers: Used for cough, bodyache, high body temperature
Dosage of Hamdard Joshanda Herbs
- One pouch to be mixed with lukewarm water and later on to be taken by sipping like a tea.
Precautions of Hamdard Joshanda Herbs
- Keep away from children's reach.
- Self medication is not recommended.
- Store in dry and cool place.
- Close medicine cap tightly after every use.
- Keep medicine in original package and container.